Re: Anti-singularity spam.

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 09:23:26 MDT

Amara D. Angelica wrote:
> Interesting discussion. Bob, how might Ray be a "loose cannon"? What is "the
> Way" and do you have specific critiques on his forecasts in The Singularity
> Is Near?

Well, one brief response is that I'm the one responsible for usage of
the term "the Way", so don't blame poor Bob for that.

For more on that particular topic, see the aforementioned website,
http://yudkowsky.net/virtues/. As to whether my calling rationality
"the Way" is a joke, even I'm not entirely sure.