RE: Anti-singularity spam.

From: Dani Eder (danielravennest@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 05:51:01 MDT

> How do you respond to Kurzweil's predictions? (I
> don't mean to pick on him,
> but he seems to me to have the highest profile at
> the moment.) Does he
> follow the Way or is he a loose cannon?

I think books like Kurzweil's serve the same purpose
as the one I have in my lap right now. It is
"Conquest of the Moon" by Von Braun, Whipple, and Ley,
1953. Even though one of the authors was a principal
in the Apollo program less than a decade later, almost
all the details are wrong. But the book served the
useful purpose of getting the idea out to the public's
consciousness.

DRN