RE: Anti-singularity spam.

From: Bob Seidensticker (bob@future-hype.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 13:25:46 MDT

No, "Future Hype" doesn't touch on specific futurists (with the exception of
Kurzweil). I wanted to keep things fairly close to home, and getting too
far off on speculation about nanotech and so on wasn't as productive as
focusing on the impact of today's technologies (computers, Internet) and the
importance of seeing them correctly.

Kurzweil was irresistable since he talks so much about how computers will
change. (And I applaud him for making specific predictions -- that a
computer will pass the Turing Test by 2029, for example.)