Re: BLUE GENE and confusion about flops and tops and whistles

From: Phillip Huggan (cdnprodigy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 17:16:59 MDT

Why do you think some neurons are nothing more than time delay loops? Which neurons?

Charles D Hixson <charleshixsn@earthlink.net> wrote: Still, some neural connections are pretty clearly time delay
loops, and those can be done much more efficiently that by neural simulation.
This implies that there exist other features that once we understand, we will
be able to simulate without replicating all the circuitry.