Re: The SA and the DA

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 17:51:15 MST

So, regarding the hypothesis that the universe is just a dream of the
Cosmic Unicorn, my question to you is: Can you make a plausible
argument that the laws of physics have some specific properties that
are generally associated with the dreams of unicorns? If not I don't
see what evidence you could raise in favor of the hypothesis, and then
Eliezer's rejection based on Occam's Razor would seem to reject the
hypothesis soundly.

In this sense, I find the "universe as computer simulation" hypothesis
much more plausible than the "universe as unicorn dream" hypothesis,
because the universe appears to have more properties reminiscent of
computer simulations than of unicorn dreams.

-- Ben G