Re: JOIN: Dirk Bruere

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 07:53:37 MST

Dirk Bruere wrote:
> Some of you may know me, but for those who don't I'll give you a brief
> resume.
> My main interests, apart from scitech, are religion and politics, most
> especially in connection with Transhumanism. In this context I am the
> founder of the world's first Transhumanist political party. It is called
> the Consensus ( http://www.theconsensus.org ) and is registered in the
> UK. Business-wise I'm a partner in a VR startup in the UK, but that's
> all secret until we launch our products later this year (hopefully). I'm
> also peripherally involved in bringing to market a brilliant piece of
> engineering that really will take the world by storm. Anyway, on with
> dishing the dirt...
>
> Been 'constructively dismissed' from the WTA list by Hughes because he
> did not like my political views, and kicked from Natasha's toy the ExI
> list without warning for transgressing The Unwritten Rules (religion
> this time). Seems like I was on double secret probation or something.
> Spike seemed to think that using the word 'cult' anywhere within earshot
> might have had something to do with it.
> Third time lucky eh?
>
> Currently wondering whether every such org has Things That Must Not Be
> Spoken to such a degree that they are not even mentioned in any rules. I
> guess I'll find out:-)

*blinks*

Welcome to SL4, the transhumanist mailing list that is *famous* for
instantly sniping people who trangress its Unwritten Rules. Or its
Written Rules.

Some free hints:

Don't mention your religion.
Don't mention the Consensus.
Don't mention current events in politics.

I'll be frank. I've been on wta-talk and exi-chat. I expect your
tenure here to be brief. I will try not to actually kick you until you
accumulate sufficient sins on SL4 rather than elsewhere. Your opening
message came close, but didn't make the cutoff line.