Re: Why playing it safe is the most dangerous thing

From: Bruce J. Klein (bruce@novamente.net)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 18:27:39 MST

Thanks, Phil.

For those interested in learning more about this NIH-BCIG book club
meeting, I've posted my power point, a picture of the group and links here:
http://www.imminst.org/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=11&t=9464ttp://www.imminst.org/bruce

My post is made below Michael Anissimov's posted comic strip by Ryan North,
which I think gives a nice visual and helpful message conveying the
'take home'
message that Strong AI poses great potential for harm and/or good.

Bruce Klein
http://www.imminst.org/bruce