The wisdom of AdWords

From: Philip Goetz (philgoetz@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 11:52:01 MST

I was reading an SL4 thread of dubious value, that had a high
component of "mere philosophy" in it, in my Gmail, and I notice the
Google Adwords ads chosen, according to the words in the thread:

Common Sense vs Evolution
A frank essay showing some pitfalls of evolution using common sense
www.EveryStudent.com

Into Ken Wilber?
See what happens when you put theory into practice. A True Story.
Fade2e.com

Conscious Dreaming
Dream consciously in just 7 days! New kit reveals all. Just $59.95
www.Lucid-Dreaming-Kit.com/

So I stopped reading.

Perhaps the stupidity of AdWords in evaluating my writing is more than
made up for by its objectivity... Has anyone else ever had their
evaluation of a subject's merit changed by AdWords?