Re: JOIN: Joshua Fox

From: Russell Wallace (russell.wallace@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 09:15:56 MST

On 2/7/06, Richard Loosemore <rpwl@lightlink.com> wrote:

> Russell,
>
> This is pure political baiting:
>
> World government is a threat?
> European Union is a potential threat?
> We need very large populations?
> Worried about weapons of mass destruction?
>
> These sound like a catalog of neoconservative buzz-concepts.

So no mention of possible futures or existential risks is permitted unless
it's been purified of anything the dreaded "neoconservatives" (whatever
those are) might agree with? *snort* Give me a break.

I agree that the world faces serious problems that might sabotage a
> beneficial Singularity. But your list looks like it is designed to
> provoke a NO POLITICS! stomp-down by the list sniper. Because of that,
> I'll only say that I totally disagree with your analysis.

That's fine, you're not obliged to agree with it.

- Russell