Re: Chris McKinstry (1967-2006)

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 15:06:59 MST

Damn...

I just emailed with Chris about 3 weeks ago and he appeared quite
excited about his ongoing collaborative work with the MindPixel
database.

I am reminded of Extropian AI/collaborative-filtering/economic
theorist Sasha Chislenko's suicide about 6 years ago (though the two
individuals and their circumstances were very different, of course).

Any human death is sad, but it makes me particularly sad when an
interesting mind is eliminated due to unfortunate combinations of
life-circumstances and emotional neurochemicals. Arrrgghhh...

-- Ben G