RE: Chris McKinstry (1967-2006)

From: pdugan (pdugan@vt.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 17:33:00 MST

>From Chris' first online suicide note: "Oh and BTW, the mind is a maximum
hypersurface and thought a trajectory on it and the amygdala and hippocampus
are Hopf maps of it."

Does this sentence contain a pearl that might prove useful to the AGI
community? I think an expoundation from some of more math-savvy members of the
list would be a fitting eulogy.

Also, in my own twisted brain complex, I think its somewhat innovative to take
the deliberation of suicide to the blog format. Its possible Chris is the
first to blog on his own suicide, which would make him quite an innovator in a
macabe poetic sense.

Its a shame, we need as many genuises as we can get.

   Patrick