KILLTHREAD: No More Searle Please

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 14:39:48 MST

Richard Loosemore wrote:

> Searle's Chinese Room "argument" was nonsense when it was first
> proposed, so it depresses me to see people still talking about it.

I agree. It's not just that I personally think the argument is stupid.
  Searle's Chinese Room has been played out over and over again in
philosophy journals. Nobody's going to say anything new about it, just
replay the opening moves of gambits exhausted long ago.

http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/search?q=searle+chinese

Sincerely,
Eliezer,
SL4 List Sniper.