Re: META: Re: SL4?

From: Phil Goetz (philgoetz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 08:25:03 MST

--- Mike Dougherty <msd001@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this the thread/post equivalent of Flickr-style tagging?
>
> It would be great to have each message catalogued through what I have
> read
> has been labelled "Folksonomy" (vs. Taxonomy) but i wonder if that
> would
> require a special reader-interface through which to communicate the
> evaluation. Personally i think this list would be improved by a
> concentrating the threads into a more navigable tapestry, rather than
> stream of loosely integrated emails.
>
> I also would volunteer my time for this.

If the list were, instead of an email list, a bulletin board on a
website, we could use free BB software to present it in a threaded
manner. Better yet, we would be able to rate posts, and we'd be able
to filter out posts from people whose posts we don't want to see.
(Yahoo, which I use, allows only about 20 filter total, so I can't use
them to filter out individuals.)

BTW, one problem with SL4 is that there are some people on it lately
who aren't "with" the whole SL4 thing - people who don't believe
consciousness is computational, for instance. Why do such people
choose to be on SL4, anyway?

- Phil