Whoops, only 2 "Real" Conscious Machines [WAS: Re: 3 "Real" Conscious Machines]

From: Richard Loosemore (rpwl@lightlink.com)
Date: Wed Jan 18 2006 - 10:26:32 MST

I hasten to correct myself: the Rosens at http://www.mcon.org/ do NOT
seem to be proposing a human level intelligence, just some code with
labels attached to functions saying that they correspond to various
subjective experiences. Is that right? (I'm sorry: when I stuff that
looks like grade-school nonsense, I lose patience, so I just can't be
bothered to read deeper into their actual claims. If someone else has
already read more of their stuff they can correct me).

So that rules them out. Only Woody and the PIBOT left in the running.

PIBOT are clearly claiming a human-level(+) AGI. Are you also claiming
that Woody?

Richard Loosemore.