Re: Singularity: A rock 'em, shock 'em ending soon?

From: nuzz604 (nuzz604@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 14 2006 - 12:02:14 MST

According to a thread on sciforums.com, Geniale claims to have a patent, but
is not registered as an inventor, and no patent is to be found. When
questioned about this, he responds with gibberish.

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=46065&page=3=g1

Furthermore, even if he was serious and did have an AI, his site makes no
mention of friendly AI, nor does he credit anybody involved with SIAI at the
bottom of the following page (unless Kurzweil counts, but that's not the
point).
http://www.pibot.com/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=HOME

I am hoping that this is a hoax (which it probably is). If it isn't, he
hasn't even so much as mentioned safety or friendliness.

Hypothetically, if this were not a hoax, and there is a good probability of
it being a UFAI, there would need to be a plan to try and fix things before
it launches. This is a good reminder that we do not have such a plan and it
might be a good idea to come up with one. I am not sure if this has been
discussed before (I am not aware of any discussions specifically for this).

Mark V. Nuzzolilo II