Re: Everything I know is wrong

From: Damien Broderick (thespike@satx.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 23:20:49 MST

At 08:20 PM 1/4/2006 -0800, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:

>"The point of having an open mind is to make it up once in a while."
> -- Marcello Herreshoff

The point of being a reductive behaviorist is to prohibit evidence and
argument suggesting that we are not "blank slates".

The point of being an adherent of the standard social science model is to
prohibit evidence and argument suggesting that we are not "blank slates".

Let's not even get into poststructuralists.

These 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s academic hegemons, against whom I spent
years nay decades arguing (and this was my point in referring to them), had
made up their minds, I mean "minds", once and that suited them just fine.

Damien Broderick