Re: Everything I know is wrong

From: Damien Broderick (thespike@satx.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 17:38:05 MST

At 11:42 PM 1/4/2006 +0000, BillK wrote:

>That's why most professional physicists won't touch psi research with
>a bargepole.
>Do psi and you can say goodbye to your career.

Unless you already have a Nobel, but even then it's largely the case anyway.

When I was a kid, quite an old kid, and behaviorism ruled the roost, you
dared not talk about mental states. Didn't exist. When I was a bit older,
everything was due to environment. Genetics was some kind of cryptoNazi
plot. Mention inheritance of higher faculties or behavioral biases and kiss
your career goodbye. A lot of that still around. Weird, man. It's almost as
if experts aren't open-minded on some topics.

Damien Broderick