RE: Logics at multiple levels of abstraction

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 17:24:33 MDT

> > A design in which the different levels of abstraction are
> > tightly coupled is harder to understand and debug.
>
> I'm happy that you agree that the human brain is a rotten
> design.
>
> * Michael Wilson

My feeling is that this kind of coupling is extremely useful for
making intelligence work given severely limited computational
resources.

That is why the human brain features it, and why Novamente
features it...

I would be curious to see an AGI design that does not display
this feature, but that is feasible to run on near-future
computers...

-- Ben G