Re: Objective versus subjective reality: which is primary?

From: Martin Striz (mstriz@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 14:52:06 MDT

On 7/20/05, Ben Goertzel <ben@goertzel.org> wrote:

> Norm,
>
> What you're pointing out is basically the (in)famous "hard problem of
> consciousness", isn't it?
>
> I addressed this in an essay a while back
>
> http://www.goertzel.org/dynapsyc/2004/HardProblem.htm

Wow, I thought I was reading Marc Geddes there. :) But seriously,
you've presented a lot of ideas without any method of verification.
It's just empty philosophy.

I submit that everything in the universe is made of boobles, and there
are several types:

Type 1 boobles: matter
Type 2 boobles: energy
Type 3 boobles: qualia.

Problem solved.

But in reality, I take the Leitl position: all experiences look
special from inside the system. You're baffled by the language
because you are the language.

Martin