Re: identity

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 22:19:30 MDT

Samantha Atkins wrote:
> Really? Michael's message didn't look much like that was what was
> being said to me.

That's how I read Vassar's message, but maybe only because it was what I
expected to hear. Nonetheless, I didn't see anything about an OP not thinking
before it acts. Rather, what I heard was that an OP with the goal of thinking
will act in order to think more efficiently. These will be aFriendly acts;
humane humans are not driven solely by the goal of making accurate predictions.