Re: Lojban and AI

From: Giu1i0 Pri5c0 (pgptag@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 13 2005 - 22:25:28 MST

I have been interested in Lojban for a long time but I never found the
time to learn more. I remember reading that Lojban was explicitly
designed with applications to AI in mind.
Of course if Lojban is used to interface with AIs on the basis that
its easier to parse for the AI, we are moving a difficult issue from
the computational system to the external world (documents have to be
translated in Lojban and operators have to be trained in Lojban), and
it is not very clear to me why this makes sense. Of course if parsing
natural language proves really beyond our skills, and parsing Lojban
does not, then it makes perfect sense.
G.