Re: Human mind not Turing computable according to Eliezer?

From: Bill Hibbard (test@demedici.ssec.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 15:23:49 MDT

Hi John,

The difference is that a Turing machine can add arbitrary
integers and finite state machines (and you) cannot. For
any halting computation a Turing machine uses a finite amount
of tape, but it will always have as much as it needs. There
is no integer too big for it to handle, as there is for
finite state machines.

Cheers,
Bill