Re: Human mind not Turing computable according to Eliezer?

From: Bill Hibbard (
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 10:36:21 MDT

Hi Christain,

I little more reponse to your last post.

> . . .
> Now, let me come to my refutation of the argument of Penrose:
> . . .
> So, the reason why his argument fails is that he does not
> actually ask the reader the question
> "Will TM_k stop on input k?"
> ,but:
> "Take an extremely complicated true statement S the answering
> of which exceeds your mental capabilities. Is S true or not?"

I think this is equivalent to my answer to Penrose, because
the step of transforming the question "Will TM_k stop on input k?"
into the "extremely complicated true statement S" requires arithmetic
on arbitrary integers, which "exceeds your mental capabilities".