Re: United on qualia

From: Elias Sinderson (elias@cse.ucsc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 18:17:41 MDT

Metaqualia wrote:

> I seem to have found a qualia based objective morality theory in
> Elizier's Meaning of Life FAQ.
> "If I had to point to the thing most likely to be meaningful, in all
> the world, I would pick the conscious experience of pleasure. "
> http://yudkowsky.net/tmol-faq/miscellaneous.html

Funny, I see nothing objective or moral about that statement. As for
qualia, well... Let me ask you this: Are you willing to simply equate
qualia with objects of perception? By 'objects of perception' I am, of
course, referring to those physical processes, whether internal or
external, which can be perceived.

Regards,
Elias