Re: [news@palmonenewsletters.com: On Intelligence -- a new book from Treo inventor Jeff Hawkins]

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 16:58:02 MDT

(Ack, top posting!)

I'm quite surprised, actually. Thanks.

Does anybody besides me see the irony of the Palm site offering a
book (apparently) in non-digital form only? I don't much read whole
books anywhere other than my PalmOS device anymore, but apparently I
won't have that option with this one.

-Robin

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 05:43:07PM -0400, Ben Goertzel wrote:

> I haven't finished the book yet, but I bought it and started it,
> and I can already tell you that it's definitely an interesting and
> thoughtful book with some worthwhile new ideas in it. I don't
> agree with all of his ideas, but none of them are stupid, and some
> are new.
>
> FYI, the author is also the founder of the Redwood Neuroscience Institute,
> www.rni.org
>
> -- Ben Goertzel

Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"