Re: What I think is wrong with Eli's current approach

From: Eliezer Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 09:48:27 MDT

Jeff Medina wrote:

> So far, a quick glance at Marc's most recent e-mail provides 87
> points. And this isn't even taking into account the gibberish in the
> earlier "philosophical schemata" e-mail, which would undoubtedly add
> quite a few more.

Worst case of megalomania I've ever seen; the poor soul thinks he's Eliezer
Yudkowsky.

Actually, I rather take it as a compliment that people go mad and claim to
be me. Maybe someday I'll be one of the forbidden comparisons on Baez's
Crackpot Index. I wonder how many crackpot points I could get for
suggesting that? Maybe Baez would add a little note saying I'd gotten the
all-time high score and the other crackpots could stop trying.

> Mentifex indeed. How many points does one need
> before sniper-moderation comes into effect, exactly?

I did snipe Geddes, but then Ben Goertzel seemed to feel that there was
something there worth replying to. It's not fair to Geddes to ask him not
to reply if Ben speaks. Though personally I would just as soon that Marc
Geddes and Ben Goertzel carried on this conversation off-list, unless some
third party is interested. One of Ben's greatest weaknesses is that he has
something nice to say about everyone.

Apparently, one of my greatest weaknesses is that my writing can drive
poorly prepared minds insane, like the Necronomicon.