RE: A funding suggestion: Solve The Riemann hypothesis ;)

From: Marc Geddes (marc_geddes@yahoo.co.nz)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 01:09:01 MDT

 --- Ben Goertzel <ben@goertzel.org> wrote:

> I believe I know how to define quantum chaos; see
> Section 3 of
>
> http://www.goertzel.org/papers/ChaoQM.htm
>
> [which is an intuitive discussion -- I have not
> worked out all the math by
> any means]
>
> However, I do not understand the relationship
> between this and the Riemann
> Hypothesis.
>
> -- Ben G
>
> p.s. If someone wants to rule this off-topic for
> SL4, I don't mind

Thanks for the link Ben. I'll have a read. Be
assured that there is a strong connection between
quantum chaos and the Riemann Hypothesis.

Now I just need a way to calculate the probability of
clearing the desk in the card game Klondike ;)

PS I do not seriously think I can solve Riemann. But
since I've started looking into FAI theory, I figured
what the heck I may as well look into a second
impossibly hard problem as well. FAI theory and
Riemann are really just hobbies for me though ;)

I suspect that the sort of *horribly hard* maths
behind Riemann is of a comparable level of difficulty
to the formal maths behind FAI theory. So if I can't
solve Riemann, I can forget about FAI ;)

Regarding FAI, I suspect that we are now at about the
point that Einstein was regarding Relativity at the
trun of the 20th century, or the founders of QM were
regarding QM theory circa 1910. We have a good idea
of the fundamental principles behind FAI, but now the
principles need to be formalized into hard maths. I
note that the process of working out the maths seems
to take around 15-20, once the fundamental principles
are known. For instance, it took Einstein from 1900
to 1916 for Relativity, and the founders of QM from
1910 to around 1930 for QM. This suggests that at a
minimum, we are still 15-20 years away from
Singularity.

=====
                                                    - Gen. John Stark

"The Universe...or nothing!"