Re: Why I donate to the SIAI

From: Giu1i0 Pri5c0 (pgptag@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 09:04:59 MDT

I just donated (for the very first time) to the SIAI, and hope to do
so again in the future, within the limits of my means.
But Eliezer, pleeeeease, think also of some ways to make money with
intermediate results or, as I suggested in another message, with
consulting work. The DOD will buy AI consulting if it is well sold. I
am afraid you will never get the level of funding required to buy all
the human talent you need with volunteer donations alone.
G.