Re: META: Dangers of Superintelligence

From: fatherjohn@club-corsica.com
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 02:02:20 MDT

| First, when someone points out an error in etiquette you
| have made, this is a
| signal to apologize, or at least not do it again, not to
| continue pounding on
| your point. Keep in mind that:
|
| 1) If you were to say such things in face-to-face
| conversation, they would be deemed so vulgar that few
| would have the nerve to continue talking to you. I
| certainly wouldn't.

Perhaps, but it's a valid point. Eliezer's claim that he won't do the
experiment with me because $100 isn't enough money smacks of bullsh*t.

I note that STILL nobody has msg'd me.

| Aside from this, by trying so hard to perform the AI-box
| experiment so you can
| win your $100, you're sort of missing the point.

You misread my post. You don't have to risk any money at all to take
my challenge. But you get $100 if you win. It's that simple.

| but that's not the same
| as saying that it
| wouldn't be a good strategy to let the real AI out. That
| is, if she really could
| give me a cure for cancer which I could test and verify
| as usable, wouldn't that
| be compelling evidence to let her out? Lots of other
| arguments could be made.

And those arguments are irrelevant to my original point.

Etes vous prêt : http://www.club-corsica.com
Le 1er quotidien d'infos Corse sur le net