Re: All is information .

From: Sebastian Hagen (sebastian_hagen@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 10:57:30 MDT

fudley wrote:
> A computer running a simple little program that will search though the
> even numbers and stop at the first one that is not the sum of 2 primes
> greater than two; Tell me the probability, even approximately, it will
> eventually stop.
>
> John K Clark

Assuming you are only talking about non-negative even numbers, it would
stop at zero. Assuming you are only talking about positive even numbers,
it would stop at two. Probability is one in both cases.
I'm probably missing something really obvious here - maybe my definition
of "even number" (<http://mathworld.wolfram.com/EvenNumber.html>) is
incorrect.

Sebastian Hagen