Re: All is information (was: All is number)

From: Tomaz Kristan (tomaz.kristan@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 00:35:58 MDT

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:56:21 +0100 (BST), Simon Gordon
<sim_dizzy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Examples of this are: parallel universes,
> qualia, software programs, memetics, possible
> sociopolitical orders, kilometers, set theory,
> infinity, fairytales, etc -the list is pretty much
> endless.

For me, as an ultraintuitionist or radical finitist, those are merely
some physical brain's exercises, therefore some physical processes
inside of *this* Universe. Mathematics is all inside neurology. At
least for now. But will remain forever inside some Turing machine.
TransTuring maybe, iff that is physically possible.

If this final frame is the physics or the mathematics, is a semantic
question. But even finite as it is, it's huge.