Re: All is number

From: Thomas Buckner (tcbevolver@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 05:04:53 MDT

--- Maru <marudubshinki@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Isn't #2 just an assumption, a conjecture about
> pi that has never actually been proven?
> If pi had been proven normal I think it would
> have been widely reported.
> ~Maru
>

> Thomas Buckner <tcbevolver@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Oddly, my browser crashes every time I try to
> reply on this subject, so I am going to be very
> brief. As I wrote at length, *before the dang
> browser crashed!* I propose that
> 1. every discrete Tegmarkian universe can be
> coded to an unique positive integer
> 2. every positive integer can be found
> somewhere
> in the pi decimal
> so 3. in principle, all possible universes
> could
> be spit out from a running calculation of pi
> 4. note that the code for each person, and for
> the mental processes of same, will form a
> discrete chunk somewhere in the unique number
> of
> a given universe, galaxy, planet, continent,
> etc.
>
> Tom Buckner

You got me there. However, if it doesn't work
with pi we can assert that some other infinitely
nonrepeating decimal (in fact, an infinite class
of them) exists. The question then becomes, does
one exist that can be generated as simply as pi?
Or does it matter of the algorithm is simple at
all?
Tom Buckner