Re: All is number

From: Mark Waser (mwaser@cox.net)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 06:33:21 MDT

>> I'm an infinite set atheist, because no one has ever reliably reported
the observation of an infinite set

I'm curious why you're not willing to accept the set of all integers as an
infinite set. Or how about the set of all decimal numbers between 0 and 1?

Also, inductive logic clearly proves the existence of infinite sets.

>> But I'm not a continuous space atheist

On the other hand . . . . I'd like to see you prove that space in continuous
(particularly in light of quantum mechanics). Your perception (and
modeling) is that space is continuous but space could just as easily be a
set of non-contiguous teleporter points.

- - - - -

I also find all of these "everything is math" arguments extremely
disingenuous since they all seem to rely on the fact that what any one being
(or set of beings) is finite and therefore can be described with a finite
set of data points.

        Mark