Re: 'The Libertarian-Transhumanist Philosophical Platform'

From: Samantha Atkins (sjatkins@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 00:54:54 MDT

Anyone can slap together conclusions they desire to belief and claim
they all fit together in a well formed and well supported whole. The
TOE that can be thus written is not the TOE.

Starting by statement axioms is fine if the axioms actually have some
clearly and foundational meaning. But how the hell does some blather
like "All reality is a manifestation of pure mathematics" qualify?
What do you mean by "pure mathematics" and "manifestation" in that
incredible construct? For a philosophical system the starting axioms
should be irreducible, not general conclusions, hypothesis or theories
themselves.

OK, this isn't the place for building or discussing such. So I'll shutup now.

-s