Re: Cognitive Systems Conference, CCortex, and alternative friendliness aproaches

From: BillK (pharos@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 05:42:10 MDT

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:15:22 +0200, Eugen Leitl <eugen@leitl.org> wrote:

> Talk to those who deal in information and people tracking.
> Black budget spook AI is off-radar by default then, though.
>
> However, though these people could sure use it, they
> probably won't build it. So it's either ivory tower or industry, or a
> collaboration.
>
> Who here thinks it will be a private large-scale project?
> Answers to me directly, I'll make a tally.

Well it depends on what you include with black budgets.
Sandia National Laboratories get universities and private companies
working for them.
DARPA funds get spread around, but the results go back to the government.

Some companies could be working on bits of black budget programs without even
realizing it.

BillK