Re: Qualia feel good?

From: Samantha Atkins (sjatkins@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 23:41:36 MDT

While we may agree, somewhat vaguely, on all having qualia, that is a
far cry from agreeing that qualia are something that should somehow be
reified as being all that is significant or all that need be
considered in formulating a valid ethics between sentient beings.
For us to believe that we would have to attribute to qualia all the
extra nuances and significance that you do. It does not follow from
any notion of qualia we all agree on that you correctly equate
morality to maximization of positive qualia.

Your argument seems to reduce to the fact that you believe it because
you believe it.