Re: Bruce Sterling on the Singularity

From: Damien Broderick (thespike@satx.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 14:21:20 MDT

>http://seminars.longnow.org/
>
>I found it to be terribly
>uninformed and condescending.

It's dry, knowing, laid-back stand-up comic (lookit the funny pointy heads!
and hey I'm one too but I'm so rocks hard cool, d00D), opportunistic in a
shamefully gappy way. I hope to read a measured reply from the SIAI
emergency SWAT team--a reply that acknowledges the several excellent point
he raises, while highlighting the central incoherence of his scattershot
claims.

Bruce tells me there's no transcript available yet, so people will have to
work from the audio feed.

Damien Broderick