O.K, weeks up. Let's get back to bashing Sing Inst ;)

From: Marc Geddes (marc_geddes@yahoo.co.nz)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 02:11:07 MDT

Just kidding.

A week of calm flowing through me made me think of the
idea of 'Bayesian meditation workshops'. I'm thinking
week long workshops which could be a combination of
yogic exercises, zen contemplation, meditation,
philosophy and of course Bayesian mathematics ;) The
idea is to combine spirituality and mathematics.
Sounds a bizarre silly combination at first I know,
but if you think it through carefully and consider
that Bayes is actually the secret to the universe it
actually makes perfect sense. There's already an Orkut
community called the 'Bayesian Illumuni'. Bayesian
meditation workshops and retreats could become very
popular, especially after the Singularity. Adepts
could spend hundreds of years in peaceful settings
simply contemplating the deeper meanings of Bayes
Theorem.

=====
                                      - Gen. John Stark

"The Universe...or nothing!"