RE: Random Mandarin

From: Thomas Buckner (tcbevolver@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 01:48:30 MDT

--- Philip Sutton
<Philip.Sutton@green-innovations.asn.au> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> > I am convinced that a system like the Random
> Mandarin, engineered to
> > remove all possible avenues of corruption, would
> yield better
> > government for all humans; its only serious flaw
> is that I see no way
> > to get it installed. The people who make the
> decisions now would have
> > none of it.
>
> I think the best way to go would be to try to run
> some trials on a smaller
> scale - some local areas might be talked into
> adopting the scheme for
> at least some functions. And it might be possible
> to model the concept
> and test it to some degree that way. Perhpas it
> could be built into a
> mass participation computer game and see what the
> player do to the
> concept.
>
> Cheers, Philip

Actually, yes, it would be advisable to let hackers
loose on it to find the flaws (they had NO trouble
finding flaws in the E-voting machines). Where
controversies still exist about the best formulation
(for example, one term rule, or not?), a sim might be
a good way to settle the question.
Tom

=====