RE: Dangers of human self-modification

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 19:37:58 MDT

Sometimes, when I wake up I am not sure who, what why or where I am.
Occasionally I've woken up and thought I was someone *other* than who I
was (for instance, a pregnant woman, a little girl, or a ferocious wild
elephant on another planet -- seriously!).

Then I can feel my "self" come back....

I guess this IS relevant to the issue of "identity continuation", since
the latter is an issue pertaining to subjective conscious experience,
not just empirical neuroscience.

-- Ben G