RE: Shock level 3 or 4 thinking?

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 17:49:07 MST

Philip,

> BUT it is NOT good reasoning to say that (human) history is not
> relevant *at all*.

And I didn't say that, Philip, now did I? ;-)

What I said was that analogies to human history are misleading where the
Singularity is concerned. Fortunately we have means of reasoning other
than straightforward analogy at our disposal....

> You didn't answer my question in the previous post.....do you
> think that
> evolution as a meta-process will continue after the
> singularity?

Not "evolution by natural selection" necessarily, but evolution in the
sense of ongoing growth and change, sure

Ben g