RE: 'Singularity Realism' - A few thoughts

From: Chris Healey (chealey@unicom-inc.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 11:50:56 MST

Ben, Samantha,

I had vaguely remembered reading some postings by Eliezer alluding to
the fact that he thought it would be irresponsible to develop FLARE
without a more well-defined idea of Friendliness Theory, since it
would contribute to accelerated AGI progress, without comparable
benefits to Friendly AGI development.

Upon a bit of searching, I am unable to track down any references to
whatever I THOUGHT I had read, so I most definitely retract that
comment. I believe that I crosswired it with a similar discussion
some individuals were having on #SL4, from a few months ago.

Thanks for the bugcheck :)

-Chris Healey.