RE: 'Singularity Realism' - A few thoughts

From: Chris Healey (chealey@unicom-inc.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 06:38:46 MST

Marc,

This is a good thing! The underpinnings of FAI theory SHOULD be
disseminated as widely as possible.

But I do notice an increasing tendency to NOT post content related
directly to useful implementation. From what I can tell, the public
FLARE language project has been retired because it is considered
indiscriminate leverage toward ALL possible AIs, and the SIAI has a
goal of expediting Friendly AI only, not precipitating crisis. I
expect that since CFAI there has been some reasonable amount of
progress, much of which the SIAI and Eliezer are intentionally NOT
shouting from the treetops (yet, at least). Of course, without actual
information, nothing can be said with any certainty.

Tthings might just be going very slowly.

-Chris Healey