RE: Positive Transcension 2

From: Philip Sutton (Philip.Sutton@green-innovations.asn.au)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 12:52:56 MST

Hi Ben,

> Why are we not allowed to cryonically preserve our *living bodies*
> today? Because the law considers it suicide. ...Similarly, if I want to
> upload my living brain.... I won't be allowed to by current
> (religiously motivated) laws; it will be considered as suicide which is
> illegal.

Given current technology, it would be suicide today! :)

Some people might be more likely to relax the constraints if they
thought the technology actually worked.

If the law was relaxed *now* a few gullible folks would pay a lot of
money to fly-by-night companies who promised life to come but in fact
delivered death now!

If you want to suicide legally (euthanase), or run that risk, you'll need to
go to the Netherlands (I think).

Cheers, Philip