Re: Positive Transcension 2

From: Peter C. McCluskey (pcm@rahul.net)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 14:39:00 MST

 Philip.Sutton@green-innovations.asn.au (Philip Sutton) writes:
>Frankly I doubt if anyone will care if humanity evolves or transcends to
>a higher state of being so long as it's voluntary. To a timeless observer

 Most people will care because they have a strong desire to maximise
their relative status. If you doubt that, try imagining whether our
ancestors' reproductive success was increased if they tried harder to
increase their relative status.

 Unless we find a way for everyone who wants to to transcend at the same
time, or ensure that the transcendents don't look superior to those left
behind, this will be a serious source of conflict.

Peter McCluskey          | "To announce that there must be no criticism of
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | the President, or that we are to stand by the