Zen singularity

From: entropy@farviolet.com
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 09:00:39 MST

Sometimes I wonder if the reason we don't see singularity bubbles
currently, is that they may all reach a similar conclusion:

"The universe is perfect as it is"

An engineered being might possibly never experience suffering, and
never experience the need to change the universe to suit them. Perhaps
there is a fairly effective barrier to expansion created by the ability
to think? The cosmos may be full of beings who have stopped expanding,
and are happy to watch nature take its course.