Re: Encouraging a Positive Transcension

From: Tomaz Kristan (me2icq@icqmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 08:56:42 MST

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:37:26 -0800 (PST), Tommy McCabe
wrote:

> Yes, and I suppose the heliocentric solar system has
> to be wrong because it is quite obvious that the stars
> and planets and what-not quite clearly move through
> the sky.

Do you think, that the (Beckenstein's limit) maximal
amount of information, inside a closed area, has the
same status, as the "apparent moving of the stars on
the sky"? Are you suggesting, that the modern physics
is nothing more, than the intuition of the ancients?

> The Earth can't be round because people would
> fall off the bottom end.

Here you go again. Against the straw man.

> You can probably show interplanetary flight to be
> impossible because of the
> low specific-impulse of black powder.

> Flight is impossible because calculations have
> shown that the human arm-muscles can't power a flight
machine.

Show me those calculations! Flight is possible, be
cause any such calculation is either wrong, either
doesn't exit at all.

> Evolution is impossible because
> (http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/index.html

Straw man again.

Now, what I do say is this: Any closed area around a
planet or a solar system is quite rapidly optimized to
a maximal computation level. I say that -- if the
Beckenstein is right -- we don't have an infinite
computation field inside a drop of water. It _is_ huge,
but not infinite.

Therefore, any Singularity must go outward for new
computing opportunities. NOT inward.