Re: Pattern recognition

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 21:11:52 MST

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 06:34:20PM -0800, Charles Hixson wrote:
> Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> >>Did that used to be called Loglan?
> >>

> >That's a bit of a loaded question[1], but the short answer is
> >"Lojban is a descendant of Loglan; the original Loglan still
> >exists, but is quite dead by comparison".
>
> At one time there was talk of creating a computer based language
> parser (or maybe it existed?) Does it exist?

If you're talking about Lojban, it is LR(1) parseable, and parsers
exist.

http://www.lojban.org/jboski/

It is the only language I am aware of that is computer parseable and
yet sufficient for expressing a broad range of human thought. We
haven't come up with anything that can't be expressed in it that I'm
aware of, although somethings are needlessly verbose. Vocabulary's
still a bit lacking, but it's extensible.

-Robin

--
Me: http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/  ***   I'm a *male* Robin.
"Constant neocortex override is the only thing that stops us all