Re: An essay I just wrote on the Singularity.

From: Randall Randall (randall@randallsquared.com)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 23:44:06 MST

On Sunday, January 4, 2004, at 08:10 PM, Tommy McCabe wrote:

> Please elaborate. What consequences are you thinking
> of? What was the original discussion topic anyway, and
> what did it have to do with economics?

Economics is just the study of how people act. Discussing
the possible actions of SIs is economic discussion.

I believe this tangent was started by my objection to the
assertion that those who don't believe that strong super-
intelligence is possible will never discuss technological
singularities.

--
Randall Randall
randall@randallsquared.com