RE: An essay I just wrote on the Singularity.

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 18:52:12 MST

William Calvin made a decent argument, in The Ascent of Mind, that human
brain size was limited during evolution by the size of the human female
vagina. In short, our heads couldn't be any bigger or they wouldn't fit out
the birth canal; and, there were good evolutionary reasons why it was hard
for the vaginal canal to get much wider.

I don't think there is a correlation between high IQ and psychological
problems. If there were, I guess it would likely be ascribable to
difficulties associated from being too far away from the mean of society in
any major dimension, rather than due to intrinsic problems associated with
intelligence.

-- Ben G